Sr. Industrial Engineer
Uline – Shipping Supply Specialists
Uline is a leading North American distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. Founded in 1980, the family-owned business has experienced continuous growth over the years. Today, we employ over 3,100 bright, career-minded individuals across the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
At Uline, we're energetic and passionate about what we do. Because of our continued expansion, we seek qualified candidates who share our vision, values and commitment to superior customer service.
Uline seeks a Sr. Industrial Engineer at its Corporate Headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (just over the IL / WI state line).
Manage and support Uline’s standard operating procedures in all areas of the distribution network while providing analysis and recommendations for space optimization and design.
- Work closely with the director of distribution and vice president of operations to create and deliver recommendations on effective and efficient warehouse operations.
- Provide analysis of current technology and identify improvements in equipment and/or automation.
- Develop, evaluate, document and improve operations methods to work area design, process flow and work methods.
- Perform capacity planning and provide support for staff planning, line balancing and optimizing process throughout.
- Provide oversight and administrative responsibility to the corporate team of industrial engineers.
- Ensure project completion within acceptable schedule and budget.
- Conduct time studies and establish engineered standards as assigned.
- Use modeling software to simulate warehouse operations.
- Audit branches to ensure compliance to corporate standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor's degree with major in industrial engineering.
- 4 to 8 years experience establishing standards and performing manpower planning in a distribution or warehouse setting.
- Modeling software experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Black belt and lean principle skills a plus.
- Experience specifying, purchasing, operating or maintaining warehouse equipment a plus.
- Available for travel to Uline’s domestic and international branches.
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 3 bonus programs.
Please visit www.uline.com/jobs to learn more about our job openings and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please click the “APPLY” button to submit your resume for immediate consideration!