Title: Senior Business Analyst – P&C
Location: Morristown ship, NJ
Duration: Full Time / Permanent
Ensures the business and technical needs of the client are analyzed, documented, translated into detailed specifications and delivered with quality to the client. Plans and executes activities to work with and understand the client’s requirements. May play a role managing the entire implementation effort and/or a lead role on an implementation as the point person for all requirements. Travel may be required up to 30% of the time.
- Gathers business and technical requirements from clients to define project scope and requirements to be passed on to be configured or developed. Provides analysis, research, alternatives and recommendations for application software features, functionality, presentation and design to various internal and external parties.
- Reviews and documents a client’s current workflows as necessary. Develops proposed workflows by incorporating software’s functionality. Recommends potential areas of business process improvement through automation or streamlining of tasks.
- Creates test scenarios, test cases and test plans. Execute tests to validate that the business and technical requirements have been implemented correctly and completely.
- Coordinates with project team members, other internal teams, client personnel and external teams as applicable to ensure that effective solutions can be delivered to the client within specified time and cost constraints.
- Provides effective problem solving and customer service directly with the client or through others in support of the client.
- Creates and maintains project deliverables as assigned such as business needs, requirements, use cases, technical specifications, design documents and test cases and obtains appropriate reviews and sign offs.
- Serves in an Implementation Manager role on small to mid-size projects including developing and maintaining project plans as assigned and monitoring project scope, schedule, dates, deliverables, milestones, dependencies and issues.
- Directs team as applicable in outlining plans, tasks, assignments, deliverables and deadlines.
- Prepares and distributes status reports and other communication to the internal team and client.
- Actively participates in, and sometimes may be assigned to coordinate the user acceptance testing, defect and issue tracking process related to the project.
- Develops training materials and delivers training on the application software to various internal and external parties as assigned.
- Ensures one’s own time spent on the project is accurately and timely entered and tracked on the implementation for accurate invoicing.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and three to five years analysis experience as a business, systems or programmer analyst in an agile development process; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two to three years previous experience in the property and casualty insurance industry and, specifically, in designing or maintaining core policy administration, rating, claims, billing and / or business intelligence such as proficiency in interpreting ISO Commercial Lines Manuals.
- Must possess customer service skills; ability to handle situations with clients, customers, co-workers, and the general public in a positive and helpful manner that obtains the best resolution and service available in the most efficient manner. Must possess customer facing requirement gathering experience.
- Must possess mathematical skills; has the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs and charts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must adapt and deal with changing situations and make necessary decisions to achieve project goals as determined by internal and client management.
- Must be proficient in communicating to different levels within the organization.
- Must be proficient in organizational, team building and leadership skills and use these abilities in managing implementations of distributed and remote team members.
- Must be proficient in effectively prioritizing tasks and work assignments for self and others.
- Must be proficient in multi-tasking and time management.
- Must possess reasoning ability; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of business and technical instructions in written, oral or diagram form and deal with problems involving several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must possess the ability to ensure that company’s and client’s interests are in balance.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, responsible, and reliable, with a positive attitude and a proactive style.
- Must have the ability to operate effectively in a high-pace, unstructured and constantly changing work environment.
- Must be able to work in a geographically distributed team.
- Must demonstrate leadership, critical thinking, negotiation, facilitation, consulting, problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills.