Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr. Software Field Application...
Vitesse is seeking an experienced software engineer to provide pre-sales and post sales support activities for our Ethernet products. The customer facing activities will include understanding customer software requirements, finding the right solution, answering technical questions, and helping customers with debugging issues.
This position may be based in Chelmsford, MA or Austin, TX and offers international account work and networking/learning opportunities from Vitesse’s global team of applications engineers and software architects.
· 3+ years of experience in embedded software/driver development
· 1+ years of experience in a customer facing role
· C/C++ software programming skills
· Processor (such as 8051, MIPS or ARM9 PPC) and OS knowledge (such as Linux, eCos or VxWorks)
· Knowledge of L2/L3 protocols and Carrier Ethernet is a plus
· Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science (Master’s preferred)
Personality traits of successful candidates:
· Exceptional communication, interpersonal and team collaboration skills
· Effectively and independently initiate, prioritize and manage multiple projects
· Be able to work in a challenging fast-paced and engaging work environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, accountability and professional development
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, particularly in the realm of software debugging
· Self-motivated and have exposure and willingness to working across geographically-spread sites in various time-zones
Vitesse offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer EEO/M/F/D/V.