**This position can be located in Las Vegas or Phoenix**
Sr. Manager, Utility Solutions
Responsible for commercial, residential, and retail lighting and products energy efficiency programs across a geographical region. Duties include strategic development, process improvements, oversight of multiple programs and associated teams, client management, business development and sales support.
- Management and oversight of all aspects of efficiency projects in a geographical region cover multiple states.
- Development and maintenance of client relationships to achieve high customer satisfaction ratings, increased revenue and program renewals and extensions.
- Ensures that products and services provided consistently meet client needs.
- Manage programs to achieve revenue and gross profit goals
- Assist Product Development, Research and Policy, and new business development as requested in the development of new products and services for utility clients
- Acquire, lead, train, develop and retain team leaders, project managers and technical talent to ensure consistent program delivery
- Lead, coach, and performance manage personnel
- Develop and manage to key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Manage risk through the development and implementation of quality control procedures
- Travel across assigned geographical region to check in on project teams as needed
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelors Degree and 8 years of experience in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and/or electric technologies concepts, practices, and procedures or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in both client relationship management and team management, plus 5 years of experience leading and directing others.
- Proven experience leading, managing, developing and mentoring is required.
- Ability to manage cross-functional and matrix-managed teams
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience managing people to include performance management abilities
- P&L management experience
- Demonstrates high levels of leadership, initiative, teamwork and adaptability
- Is able to manipulate, analyze and synthesize data in various systems and/or technology environments.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with resources throughout the organization to accomplish complex goals
- Ability to manage emotions and self-assess performance
· Performing duties and attending events during the evening and on weekends occurs occasionally and may be required.
· Minimum of 20% travel may be required
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
To learn more about Ecova and to apply online, please go to: http://www.ecova.com/about-us/careers.aspx .