Catlin US is looking for an enthusiastic Underwriter with 5-10 years of D&O/FI E&O underwriting experience. This is a business development role that will directly generate new written premium for Catlin. The underwriter will be responsible for building broker relationships, increasing Catlin’s visibility in the marketplace and performing exceptional risk analysis to profitably grow our book of business.
- Selects, underwrites, and prices risks.
- Maintains underwriting quality standards and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Creatively responds to unusual requests or broker/client demands.
- Compiles, develops, and verifies information necessary for rendering an underwriting decision.
- Investigates and analyzes prior loss history, evaluating exposures and other pertinent data necessary for correctly pricing and evaluating risks.
- Recommends alternative coverage options when appropriate.
- Completes all necessary documentation relating to the final underwriting decisions.
- Serves as a key point for managing draft endorsements for various policy forms.
- Develops and maintains effective broker and client relationships by attending meetings and scheduling marketing trips.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of D&O/FI E&O underwriting experience
- Background in Professional Liability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented office.
- Track record of strong broker relationships.