Gas Cleaning Technologies (GCT) is a process and environmental consulting engineering firm in Irving, Texas, providing specialized process engineering and multi-disciplinary engineering as well as design and supply capabilities to the minerals, ferrous and non-ferrous metals industries. GCT has been established since 1995 and is experiencing growth in the segment of design and supply business. GCT is a global business with significant amount of its business outside North America. GCT is looking for a versatile senior project engineer that is highly motivated to assist in the growth of this aspect of the business. The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- 5-7+ years experience in mechanical or structural engineering for heavy industrial designs
- BS degree, or higher, in mechanical or structural engineering
- Experience as a project engineer / project manager, managing $10-25 MUSD design and supply contracts
- Previous experience in consulting engineering, fabrication and design and supply is preferable
- International project experience is valuable
- Technical proficiency in Spanish language is preferable
Develop, propose, verify and validate projects and systems that meet the client project requirements. Execute these projects with a design and supply method. Develops cost estimates, technical specifications and commercial agreements to deliver projects on time and on budget. This organizational role will be responsible for winning proposal opportunities identified as "pull-through" opportunities and execute these projects to achieve the profit targets established.
- Provides technical direction and leadership in the design and development of engineering projects for air pollution control systems including equipment such as bag filters, scrubbers, fans, pumps, evaporative coolers, heat exchangers, ductwork, hooding, etc.
- Supervises a team of engineers, designers and other technical personnel to complete specific projects.
- Assist engineering teams with development, verification and validation of design options and as-built.
- Manages vendors and contractors to ensure equipment is fabricated and delivered according to specification, on time, and on budget while identifying and resolving design interface issues.
- Verifies and supports construction by performing compliance inspections and tests; resolving construction problems related to mechanical design; coordinating and conferring with construction and production contractors.
- Interfaces with client on managing change and resolving engineering, construction and commissioning related problems.
- Manages project scope and delivery against client requirements.
- Meets all technical, cost, and schedule commitments assigned to the engineering project team.
- Prepares schedules, cost estimates, proposals and identifies required resources.
- Complies with codes and regulations by applying and enforcing adherence to regulatory and testing requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing engineering data and trends.