FULCRUM IT JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Software Engineer (Mid-level)
US Citizen or Permanent Resident
FLSA Status: Full-time, Salary, Exempt
Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
Location: Centreville, VA
Summary: Fulcrum IT is currently looking for a mid- level C# Software Engineer to work on an in-house system. As part of an Agile team developing a Web based suite of applications based on a Microsoft stack, the candidate will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle, including system architecture, design, and coding, as well as participating in business analysis and requirements analysis as required. The candidate will be expected to efficiently and reliably help design, implement and deliver quality software that meets or exceeds all client expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide domain-specific expertise and guidance and perspective on good software development practices
2. Create design documents, conduct design and code reviews, write code, develop unit tests, debug defects, and release code in an Agile development environment
3. Perform system architecture, design and coding
4. Analyze business and technical requirements
5. Perform reviews and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards
7. Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
8. Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• Education: An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related
• A qualified candidate for the Senior Developer position MUST possess the following:
• 5+ years of experience developing Web based applications
• 5 years minimum experience with C# with good working knowledge of ASP.NET and Microsoft MVC
• 5 years minimum experience using recent versions of Microsoft Visual Studio
• 2 years minimum experience programming in SQL Relational Databases (SQL-Server, Oracle, MySQL)
• Certificates: None
• Clearance: Ability to Obtain a Public Trust
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Solid understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and software development
• Proven experience working in an Agile environment
• Proven analytical skills (ability to digest requirements and produce design)
• Proven ability to provide efficient and reliable technical solutions to problems
• Proven ability for software testing and quality control
• Excellent Written Communication skills.
• Ability to communicate both technical and non-technical information clearly in presentations and answers to questions from customers
Desired or Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Familiarity with modern software development tools and techniques such as Object-Oriented Programming, Design Patterns, Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control, Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Automated Testing and Continuous Integration
• Experience with recent versions (4.x) of the Microsoft .NET Architecture and ASP.NET
• Experience with recent versions (3.x or 4.x) of the Microsoft MVC Framework
• Experience in Continuous Integration and Automated Testing is a plus
• Familiarity with mobile development (Android or iOS platforms) is a plus
• Experience designing and developing Section 508 / Accessibility compliant applications is a plus
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Fulcrum IT Services is an information technology (IT) company based in Centreville, Virginia, that provides IT solutions and services for federal, state, local, and commercial customers. Fulcrum IT specializes in the areas of Technology Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence, Analysis & Operations, Missions Systems, Health Care and Human Capital.