Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr Staff QA Engineer
Nominum based in Redwood City/San Francisco is a small firm that is poised for dynamic growth moving forward. Our software manages over 1.3 trillion queries a day. Our new product Vantio supports over 30% of the internet traffic worldwide. We are embarking into a massive opportunity in big data and analytics due to present and future product development. Our firm has over 40 patents issued and pending and and our leadership team is determined to continue our innovation in technology and products at Nominum. We are profitable, and count over 35% of the world largest ISP’s as our customers. Our innovative new products, established business, and leadership in the market is fueling our current expansion. Take advantage of this opportunity to truly make a difference in the market.
Nominum is seeking a Senior Staff QA Engineer ( Must have Python/Perl and either Java C C++)
Location: Redwood City, San Francisco
· Work together with engineers in validating product features as well complex solution architectures.
· Automate functional, negative and scale test cases
· Identify software bugs and follow them through to resolution
· Setup and maintain multiple test environments and tools
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science
· 4+ years software development of tools, test frameworks and/or web services in a successful, highly scalable consumer-focused web-services company.
· 6+ years developing software and/or QA work that includes significant automation development.
· Experience performing integration tests on globally distributed systems.
· Prior work experience coding in Java or other OOP programming languages.
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.
· Experience in short release cycles, Agile/Lean XP, and TDD
· Experience with SQL or NOSQL databases