SoftPro is the nation's leading provider of real estate closing and title insurance software. A division of Fidelity National Financial (NYSE: FNF), SoftPro’s technology solutions are used in thousands of law firms and title companies throughout the country and are an essential part of residential and commercial Real Estate transactions. SoftPro is located in North Raleigh and is a great alternative to driving in RTP traffic each day!
SoftPro has received national recognition for our excellent customer service and products and we were recently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Triangle Business Journal!
SoftPro is looking for a Sr. Technical Consultant in our Raleigh, NC office to join our growing IT team. This is a hands-on technical position that will leverage your real world experience and vendor best practice knowledge to communicate and assist external customers to ensure their technology leveraged is suitable to run our suite of applications. Excellent communication skills and comfort with presenting technical details to both technical and non-technical audiences is required. This position will regularly interface with customer senior management and technical resources.
At times, the position will work with various internal department resources to assist customers who experience performance or application errors. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to accurately assess customer impacts and guide these resources to gather data and work collectively to resolve customer issues.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of many different systems & technologies commonly used by small to large organizations. Ongoing learning is a requirement of the position, including maintaining current knowledge, and certifications.
- Participate in presales and new customer Implementation calls and speak to application technical requirements, system recommendations and technical deployment strategies.
- Evaluate customer’s environments to ensure technologies leveraged are deployed in accordance with vendor best practices and that they will adequately support our applications.
- Act as point of contact for technical leadership by building a strong understanding of the tools and systems used for monitoring performance and activities
- Work with various internal and external resources to identify and correct any reported performance or application issues.
- Own key customer technical issues and participate with resources from our Support, R&D and Implementation departments to identify and resolve customer issues.
- Travel to customer locations on occasion to assist with isolating and correcting technical or performance issues.
- Prepare and present written recommendations to customers to improve their environments
- Proven ability to analyze/interpret technical data and provide recommendations for the elimination of performance bottlenecks
- Demonstrated experience in analysis of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization, and other performance influencers
- MCSA strongly preferred
- MCSE, Cisco, or individual Microsoft server certifications a plus
- 6+ years of IT experience at the server & infrastructure level
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting five or more of the following:
o Windows 2003 & 2008 Server and Active Directory (all aspects)
o VMware and virtualization technologies
o Various networking components (Switching & Routing)
o Citrix Presentation Server
o Microsoft Terminal Server
o SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
o Backup software and processes
o Windows scripting
A Bachelors Degree is desirable but not required. Microsoft Desktop and Server operating systems certifications (MCSA) are also highly desirable.
Join us and live our Core Values
Deliver AMAZING Customer Service, Be an AWESOME Teammate, Adopt a Sense of Urgency, Innovate to be Efficient, Produce Quality Work, Take Initiative, Go the Extra Mile.