Get new similar jobs by email for
Staff Accountant Manufacturing...
Our Client, a leading manufacturing company in the far north suburbs, is looking for a Staff Accountant. The ideal candidate will have 2 - 3 years of experience and be eligible to sit for the CPA exam. The position will assist the Controller in the month-end accounting closes. Salary will be in the 60 - 70K range and include a full benefit package.
• Closes cash disbursements and accounts payable vouchers modules.
• Analyzes WIP and FG jobs in inventory to determine appropriate write-down.
• Prepares various monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Assists in the preparation and analysis of financial statements including the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
• Analyzes actual results against prior year, forecasts and budgets.
Performs a variety of financial reporting and analysis duties:
• Performs monthly audits of expense reports submitted through the Concur on-line expense report program and verifies compliance with corporate policy.
• Verifies the reasonableness of Purchase-card expenses and assures proper coding.
• Assists in accounts payable voucher entry into the system.
• Maintains on-going annual lease payment obligation report.
• Prepares capital spending analysis on a monthly basis.
• Files monthly Sales and Use Tax reports and annual MPC earned and used report.
• Assists management in the completion of the Annual Operating Plan.
Provides detailed information regarding the costs of manufacturing and business activity to support operations:
• Works with plant personnel to calculate costs savings from projects and lean process improvement initiatives.
• Runs queries and extracts data for analysis from the Access sales data base.
• Prepares and reviews customer profitability analysis.
• Updates and run reports from the fixed asset Best Software program.
• Reviews and updates manufacturing overhead rates.
• Works with plant personnel in preparing capital expenditure requests.
• Works with Controller to lean out and improve processes within the department.
• Performs ad hoc financial analysis for financial services and plant management.
-Sales and Use Tax filing experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• At least 2-3 years of accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Strong general ledger, account analysis and cost accounting backgrounds are required
• Advanced proficiencies in Excel is mandatory and Access is strongly preferred
If you are interested in the Staff Accountant position or want to hear about similar positions visit our website at www.accountingprincipals.com
class="csC583D0C8">FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO
Job Reference Code: US_EN_8_22813_35070373