Get new similar jobs by email for
Storage Engineer (NetApp)
Align seeks a Storage Engineer to provide consulting and support for Align internal and external customers relating to Align'sStorage Solutions. You will help build, administer, and support enterprise SAN, NAS, & backup technologies and should have a some experience with operating systems like: Linux, Unix and Windows. It is a necessity to have experience with VMware virtualizationand a thorough understanding ofNetAppproducts.
· This position will be based out of our New York City Office, but will require work to be regularly performed at client locations throughout the NY Metropolitan Area.
· This is a full-time position offering a competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary, benefits, training, paid vacation, and participation in a bonus plan.
· Some travel may rarely be required (up to 10%).
· Support day to day operations of storage environment.
· Provision and deploy SAN storage across the environment.
· Document all policies, procedures and standards around the continuing operation of NetApp Storage.
· Ensure that infrastructure systems are designed, implemented, and supported to meet company's internal and external standards and adhere to NetApp best practices.
· Provide monitoring, coaching, and knowledge transfer to less experienced employees.
· 3+ years of recent experience with NetApp Storage platforms.
· Ability to provision, install, configure, operate, and provision storage to Windows and POSIX-compliant UNIX hosts using CIFS, FC, NFS, and iSCSI protocols, both physical and virtual environments.
· Familiar with Netapp on-array and off –array software and tools, such as Snapmirror, Snapvault, and OnCommand Management tools.
· Deep experience diagnosing performance and availability issues in NetApp storage environments.
· Experienced storage professional, capable of managing storage environments in large corporate environments.
· Experience with other storage platforms, particularly EMC VNX / Clariion, a plus.
· B.S. or B.A. in a technical discipline is preferred.