|Title||TEAM LEAD PATIENT FINANCIAL/CHARGE CAPTURE|
Under the direction of the Manager of Patient Financial/Charge Capture Services the Team Lead of Patient Financial/Charge Capture Services will provide day to day coordination of the Patient Financial Coordinators. The role will consist of coordinating vacation schedules and staff coverage for the billing areas in Boston. This position is responsible for providing quality assurance and auditing to ensure charge capture in the departments of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology and optimum collections for Mass Eye & Ear.
1. Monitors all billing areas in Boston for the necessary coverage to perform the collection of payments at the time of service on all floors.
2. Ensures that all self pay surgical charges are properly documented and collected from all self pay and free care patients on a timely basis and acts as a liaison with physicians support staff and the billing department to resolve any financial issues.
3. Coordinates the deposit and reconciliation of all funds collected at the time of service for Boston and other satellite offices.
4. Ensures notification and delivery of all deposits to both billing departments for timely posting.
5. Runs and distributes the missing charge list to the Patient Financial Coordinators to follow up with the clinical areas for complete charge reconciliation.
6. Tracks and reports on errors and trends on self pay patient payments, and payments taken by other areas in the Infirmary.
7. Maintains and distributes fee schedules so that accurate payments can be collected from patients at the time of service.
8. Ensures that all patient inquiries and correspondence from patients are responded to in a courteous, prompt fashion.
9. Provides input on interviewing candidates, hiring and disciplinary of assigned staff.
10. Ensures orientation, training, competency and safety of all assigned staff.
11. Assists Manager of Patient Financial/Charge Capture Services in establishment of policies and procedures for the timely transfer of all information to the data entry processing team and collection of payments at the time of service.
12. Assists Manager of Patient Financial/Charge Capture Services to reconcile payments taken at the time of service in Boston as well as the other MEEA satellites.
13. Works with clinical managers and staff to ensure billing processes are understood and in effect.
14. Assists Manager of Patient Financial/Charge Capture with the education of clinical and support staff on new processes or procedures as needed.
15. Delegates work to staff while providing training and resources necessary for achieving success with assignments.
16. Meets routinely with the Manager of Patient Financial/Charge Capture Services to provide updates of staff observations and to coordinate vacation requests and coverage.
17. Maintains strict confidentiality regarding all patient, physician and employee matters at all times. Secures confidential information throughout the workday.
18. Works efficiently using strong organizational and analytical skills and understanding of multi-processes in order to meet departmental deadlines.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:|
1.Minimum of three to five years of experience in an automated medical billing and collection environment for a medical services provider and/or third party payor, preferably a large volume physician practice, one of which must be an HMO.
2. A college, vocational, or technical degree in a related field is preferred. A high school diploma or GED completion is required.
3. Basic knowledge of the application of HMO and other third party payor rules, regulations, guidelines, and requirements for obtaining prior authorization and billing.
4. Basic knowledge of PC based computer systems is preferred and the ability to learn word processing, database, and spreadsheet software programs.
5.Ability to use a PC, calculator, Blue Shield, Medicare, and Medicaid and other third party computer/electronic application systems efficiently and effectively.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and a basic understanding of team management concepts.
7. Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
8. Demonstrates strong leadership qualities.
9. Billing and accounts receivable software knowledge desired. IDX billing and/or paperless collection system experience preferred.
Office and patient care areas, interaction with patients, physicians, and others