About the Job
Locally owned, Dallas based, General Construction Company with over twenty (20) years of public service construction experience is currently seeking a hard-working, motivated Superintendent with excellent communication, negotiation and problem solving skills to join its professional management team. Our company has a diverse client list which includes the Dallas Independent School District, DFW International Airport and Dallas Area Rapid Transit.
Company voluntary benefits package includes a group health plan which includes medical with a percentage of employee premiums paid by company, $ 20,000 life insurance, $ 20,000 AD&D, and short and long term disability benefits. Employee has the opportunity to enroll in the 401(k) plan after a year of service and 1,000 hours. Other voluntary benefits offered are group dental and vision insurance, fully paid by employee.
- Supervise all project field crew during all phases of construction
- Communicate at all times with the project management team
- Coordinate assigned work between GC crew, subcontractors, inspectors and other field employees and hold weekly, or as needed, progress meetings
- Determine methods of construction, manpower levels/scheduling, material quantities, equipment needs, power sources, etc.
- Ensure all company objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards are achieved
- Monitor all field related issues including: lack of productivity, security, safety, quality, work interfaces, etc., by all employees and subcontractors; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Professionally represent company and serve as liaison to Owner and A/E contacts
- Develop and submit all necessary reports and logs to track project information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Suretrack/Scheduling, RS and Bluebeam/Adobe PDF.