UT Southwestern Medical Center ranks among the top academic medical centers in the world. Its faculty members – who are responsible for a broad array of groundbreaking biomedical research advances – are respected for their dedication to teaching. UT Southwestern's physicians provide patients with the highest quality of care throughout the medical center's university hospitals and clinics, and its affiliated hospitals.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible medical billing / accounting experience required with supervisory experience preferred
1. Supervises day-to-day operations of assigned group.
2. Ensures production and quality control standards are met by reviewing management reports.
3. Assigns workload to meet production requirements by evaluating production reports.
4. Maintains performance standards by counseling employees, performing appraisals and providing
5. Ensures departmental policies and procedures are properly followed. In addition, develops and revises policies and procedures as needed. Maintains written procedures for workflow by writing or updating procedures as needed. Communicates and educates all applicable information to appropriate personnel and affiliated facilities as required.
6. Completes reporting to management.
7. Compiles analyzes and reports status and issues involving all aspects of assigned area. Makes recommendations to management to reflect changes by reviewing management reports and other data, identifies conflicts and write resolutions.
8. Completes special projects as assigned by management. Participates in project groups and task force teams.
9. Reviews and analyses information, identifies problems, recommends solutions and/or writes reports for management or other personnel within established business presentations to staff.
10. Monitors correspondence received from various sources, audits mail returned for bad addresses and updates addresses as needed. Audits patient accounts for mailing problems.
11. Resolves complex problems and questions by contacting insurance companies, places of employment or federal agencies.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Clicking on Apply will direct you to the Insurance/Billing tab of the UT Southwestern Careers website where you will see multiple openings. This position is listed as:
Supervisor Medical Billing / Collections 504263
Supv MSRDP 504378
Please apply to all positions of interest that you meet the requirements. To be referred to the department for consideration, you must meet the requirements.
* To be considered, please include current or most recent compensation in your application *
UT Southwestern Medical Center is a multifaceted academic institution nationally recognized for excellence. Through our top rated schools, hospitals, dozens of clinics and care centers, and leading-edge biomedical research labs, UT Southwestern employs a talented, diverse workforce. We deliver patient care that brings scientific advances to the bedside—focusing on quality, safety and service. Located 10 minutes northwest of downtown Dallas, our campus includes 10.8 million square feet of space with another 1.4 million square feet under construction.