Get new similar jobs by email for
Supplier Quality Engineer
Implement and Monitor Improvement Plans:
• Measure and communicate supplier quality performance level to SPM
• Represent quality in supplier performance reviews
• Analyze evaluation results, implement action plans and measure efficiency
• Decline in supplier plants Quality Progress Plans including Lean-Sigma actions
• Promote with suppliers metrics and quality assessments implementation
• Identify and implement necessary training actions at supplier plant
• Minimum of five years in the Supplier Quality discipline
• A dynamic personality style with the ability and willingness to promote appropriate change and improvement
• General familiarity with aersopace manufacturing equipment.
• Experience in Six Sigma and Lean methodology; certified preferred.
• Must be open to travel as needed (25% -50%)
• Solid understanding of receiving inspection processes including statistical sampling, component measurement techniques, specifications and drawings.
• Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision making skills required with thorough working knowledge of Quality systems methods and practices (DOE, PFMEA, Control Plans, Lean Manufacturing concepts, DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently.
• Proficient in spreadsheet (report formatting, graphing, formula a calculation generation), database, presentation and project management tools (i.e. Excel, Minitab, etc).
• Ability to read and understand assembly drawings, schematics, block diagrams and Engineering Change Notices for the purpose of specific inspection criteria and evaluation.
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• Proficient with a personal computer and selected software applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
• SAP experience preferred but not required.
Education and Certification Requirements:
• Minimum: Bachelor’s of Science degree from and accredited institution in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Equivalent Discipline)
• ASQ certifications preferred but not required.