Get new similar jobs by email for
Mechanical Inspector - 1st Shi...
Precision Mechanical Inspector to inspect structures, equipment, parts, and materials to assure established standards of quality are maintained. Ensure the quality of workmanship and compliance with specifications on various piece parts and assemblies by making dimensional and mechanical inspections.
- Conduct preliminary inspections/receiving for compliance with specifications using blue-prints, drawings and evaluate if deficiencies are present in systems, structures, assemblies or parts.
- Conduct in process and final inspections at various check points during the construction, removal, disassembly, repair, assembly, and installation of structures, systems and associated components/equipment to eliminate hold-ups, rework, and ensure specific conformance of critical installations.
- Interpret technical specifications, directives, and relevant publications to identify discrepancies and deficiencies. Assemble pertinent information and materials necessary to effectively accomplish planning, scheduling, inspection, and reports.
- Conduct audits, submitting reports and recommendations.
- May periodically assist in training lower level employees.
- Must be able to work from blueprints and drawings.
- Must be able to perform incoming, in-process, and final inspections of machine parts and structures.
- Must be proficient with basic inspection tools; experience with CMM a major plus.
Pre-Employment Drug Test Required.