Get new similar jobs by email for
Operations / Logistics Coordin...
About the Company
Established in 1985, Liberty Woods International (LWI) is the largest importer of hardwood plywood in the US. We purchase material from overseas suppliers, ship it by ocean carrier to US, Mexican and Caribbean destination ports, warehouse and deliver it to our customers. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, we are a highly energized company with an obsessive commitment to being the best.
Visit our website at http://www.libertywoods.com/
Operations is responsible for product arrival, order fulfillment, inventory management, vendor payment, claims recovery and process review/improvement. All operational efforts will be conducted via phone or electronically from our Carlsbad office.
We need a strong, bright, motivated and innovative front-line individual who will ensure the customer is satisfied and LWI’s interests are protected on every order. Aside from daily operations, this individual must be able to identify and clearly communicate opportunities for process improvements and assist in their implementation.
You will be responsible for running LWI’s operations at one or multiple discharge ports from our office headquarters. You will ensure:
· Cargo is cleared through customs and ready to ship at the earliest possible opportunity
· Land freight is arranged and customers receive their orders on time and in good condition
· Inventory is managed to ensure ideal product mix and volumes are achieved
· Rates and terms are aggressively negotiated and vendors are always paid on time
· Losses due to vendor error are recovered
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years business experience in a professional environment.
Attention to detail is extremely important.
The ideal candidate has experience in all or some of the following areas:
· Negotiating and persuasion
· Inventory management
· Import / export
· Warehousing and logistics
· Process review and improvement
Candidate must actively embrace the following values:
· Service – Regards company, customer and team needs as top priority
· Entrepreneurial – Thinks and acts creatively, takes risks, capitalizes on opportunity
· Excellence – Insists on excellence in all things, sets the example
· Teamwork – Builds strong and positive relationships internally, with vendors and customers
· Professional – Seeks out and listens to honest feedback from others and looks for ways to maintain/increase skills
· Integrity – Keeps commitments and promises; demonstrates courage to present and hear the truth and acts in best interest of the company, customer and team
· Respectful – Actively listens and is sensitive to the time and needs of others
· Trust – Promotes open communications; is honest, fair and consistent with others; takes responsibility for and admits mistakes
Candidates must be able to demonstrate strength in the following areas:
· Listening – Listens in context of departmental, company and customer objectives; asks relevant and insightful questions of colleagues and vendors to understand risks and identify opportunities.
· Task execution – Takes initiative to develop action plans, anticipates expectations and completes work accordingly.
· Time management – Prioritizes tasks/projects, proactively communicate progress/delays and set schedule.
· Works well under pressure.
· Flexible – Adjusts to changing priorities quickly; willing to play multiple roles and learn new areas with shifting landscape.
· Analytical – Uses multiple analytic techniques, systematically breaks down and analyzes complex problems, gains insights from analysis and data to present logical recommendations; proficient with data manipulation using MS Excel; experience with Access a plus.
· Oral and written communication – Presents ideas clearly, articulately and persuasively; able to determine most effective means of communication and tailor communications to the audience.
· Leadership – Can lead from ahead or behind, promotes morale, can set goals and ensures progress, sets the example for team and vendors.
· Excellent attention to detail.
What We Offer
· An exciting and progressive work environment that encourages creativity and critical thinking; you are only limited by the value you can / are willing to offer
· A financially stable small-company environment that allows exposure
· Exposure and opportunity to learn all aspects of a global trade
· A team of professional and enthusiastic employees dedicated to the success of the company and each other
· Competitive salary, bonuses, medical insurance and 401K plan
Company will not relocate candidates.
Liberty Woods International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only resumes submitted online through Monster.com will be considered.