The primary responsibility of the Support Engineer role is effective case management of customer issues associated with Stratus servers used in mission critical environments. This role requires keen critical thinking abilities along with methodical analytical troubleshooting skills. In this role, you will be working directly with customers to provide corrective and remedial actions as part of the issue resolution process, interpersonal skills are extremely important. You must possess a strong understanding of VMware backed by Windows Server experience.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to solve complex situations where critical thinking, problem solving, cross-functional leadership are required.
- Responsible for the resolution of intricate operating system and application issues of a diverse scope.
- Deliver superior customer support on identified key/critical accounts as required.
- Participate in new product introduction activities.
- Provide formal training and mentoring as necessary.
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotations.
Skills and Experience:
- Requires a BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent, along with 5-7 years relevant work experience.
- Experience working complex software issues, providing fault isolation and issue diagnosis.
- Demonstrable technical understanding of OS internals including kernel programming and debugging. VMware ESX kernel experience required; Linux kernel experience preferred.
- Ability to quickly develop good working relationships with customers and other cross-functional team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of network protocols and data communications is a plus.
- Capable of working on a multiple number of different problems simultaneously without compromising timely follow-up.
- Travel as required (less than 5%).