DEPARTMENT: BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation & Visual Effects
REPORTS TO: Senior Systems Director
POSITION OVERVIEW: Provide daily systems support to the Computer Art department as outlined below, with emphasis on Cross Platform system integration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with other Systems Administrators on the maintenance, installation and continuous operation of all software, hardware and networks, etc. in the department.
· Configuration of software, hardware, and networks with emphasis on both MAC & PC systems administration.
· Maintenance and continuous operation of all software, hardware, and equipment for all MAC & PC labs.
· Maintain the current department Wiki and further its development.
· Assist Chair and Director of Operations by: assisting faculty and students, making hardware/software purchase recommendations; art shows, promotional material and web page; conducting tours for visitors, orientation, various departmental projects, etc.
· Attend weekly administration meetings, monthly Systems Administrator meetings, lab assistant and general staff meetings.
· Attend computer art and audio-visual related conferences, stay current with technology.
· Mac & PC proficiency.
· Audiovisual knowledge and experience.
· Knowledge of Windows NT, LINUX, system configuration, networking, DV hardware & software and Pro Audio hardware & software.
· Knowledge of the following Web languages and applications is strongly preferred - XHTML + CSS, AJAX, Apache, PHP, UNIX & Dreamweaver. Experience with Mac OSX WikiServer and MySQL is a plus.
· Knowledge of Windows NT, LINUX, system configuration, networking, AJA Kona I/O, Final Cut, AE Pro, SCRATCH/2K workflow, color grading and HD 1080 & 720 workflow and hardware configurations as well as knowledge of some Pro Audio hardware and applications preferred.
· Ability to interact with staff, faculty and students.
· Some work experience in an academic environment preferred.
· Detail-oriented and punctuality is a must.
The School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception in 1947, the College has instituted numerous educational innovations, including the selection of professionals working in the arts and art-related fields as instructors. SVA provides an environment that nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction of purpose. Find out what it’s like to work at SVA. Visit http://www.sva.edu/workingatsva To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com No walk-ins please. The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.