CareersUSA, a leader in the staffing industry with 31 years of experience, has another job opportunity for you:
Our client is seeking a Systems Administrator I in Stuart, FL.
Earn $20.00 to $25.00 per hour at this full-time, temporary position.
Work 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Performs systems administration support functions in a large, multi-server data center supporting a county
wide information systems network servicing many agencies. Assists the Systems Administrator II in
planning, developing and implementing computer systems administration activities. Reports to the IT
- Supports the installation and upgrade of system software, including UNIX and/or Microsoft Windows operating systems and infrastructure applications software. Provides support in the use, administration and maintenance of operating systems. Documents system administration procedures and configurations.
- Configures new employees as system users and assists in system security. Supports configuration upgrades for servers and special purpose machines such as disk arrays, tape libraries and kiosks.
- Identifies systems administrations issues, documents requirements and possible solutions for addressing
issues, develops project plans to implement solutions, manages and reports on project plans, and
completes projects within department guidelines.
- Performs data center functions such as environmental event monitoring, storage management including
backup and restore processes and change control.
- Troubleshoots operating systems, infrastructure applications (NIS, NFS, DNS, LDAP, Citrix, LogCaster,
etc.), network, hardware, printer, email, web, and other infrastructure server and user problems.
- Supports development and adheres to quality assurance standards for system installation, configuration
- Performs work related to this job description as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of computers with emphasis on client/server architectures, computer servers, microcomputers, and graphic workstations.
- Knowledge of the specific operating systems, applications, or programming languages in use at the site which includes: Sun Microsystems Solaris, Microsoft Windows Server and/or RedHat Linux Server.
- Knowledge of most aspects of UNIX and/or Microsoft Windows systems administration, including inter-process communication, devices, device drivers, file system concepts, configuration of email systems, system installation and configuration, printing systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software, etc.
- Knowledge of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment and basic routing concepts,
including NFS and NIS, Domain Controllers, LDAP and DNS services.
- Ability to independently solve problems.
- Ability to work with host security including; passwords, uids/gids, file permissions, file system integrity, use of security packages.
- Ability to configure license managers.
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP networking protocols, hardware, configurations and troubleshooting.
- Ability to install/configure DNS/BIND.
- Ability to install/administer webservers.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Tk, Perl, a shell).
- Ability to do minimal debugging and modification of programs, if required.
- Ability to install boards and memory into systems.
- Ability to work with SCSI and other device setups and installation.
- Ability to install/configure peripherals including; disks, modems, printers, and other devices.
- Ability to work with board-level diagnosis and repair of computer systems.
- Ability to program with Windows or UNIX hardware platforms, if necessary.
- Knowledge of fundamental network security including firewalls, authentication systems, and cryptography for network applications.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of developing and managing project plans, training users in basic computer/network topics, presentations to an internal audiences, and interacting positively with upper management.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships, exercise initiative and sound judgment, and in coordinating and organizing user activities.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Physical Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related field
- Two (2) years of system administration experience with a wide variety of computer platforms
- L2 and L3 network switch and routing experience
- Hands on fiber/phone/network cabling experience
- Client/server, relational database, and programming experience desirable
- Possession of a valid State of Florida driver's license
- A comparable amount of training or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications