Technical Project Manager
Why should you consider joining MicroPact? Because it’s rewarding.
Our focus on outcomes and innovate-like-crazy approach has helped us become one of the fastest growing companies in the Washington, DC area. MicroPact serves over 140 Federal agencies as well as Fortune 500 organizations through the development of advanced Data Tracking and Business Process Management software.
MicroPact is seeking an energetic and motivated individual as a Technical Project Manager at our Herndon, VA location. This position offers a collaborative, engaging and challenging work environment, extensive opportunities for professional growth, excellent compensation and a fully-paid company benefits package.
The PM will direct and manage projects from beginning to end, following MicroPact processes and procedures, define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. The PM will be responsible for developing full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Learn the features, functions, and standard configuration of MicroPact products.
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
· Proactively communicate with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
· Develop and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
· Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
· Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
· Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
· Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
· Ensure that all deliverables are of high quality:
· Collaborate with team-members to define requirements
· Collaborate with team-members to define test plans and cases
· Collaborate with team-members to plan deployment activities
· Track project milestones, deliverables, project costs, project budget, and manage monthly invoice process.
· Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
· Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and develop contingency plans.
· Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
· Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
· Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the Project and MicroPact.
· Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· 3+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project initiation, planning, development execution and delivery.
· Project management certification is a plus.
· Extensive experience with and knowledge of the SDLC process
Exposure to programming languages and architecture including Java and J2EE.
· Exposure to scripting languages such as Java Script.
· Knowledge of operating systems and experience with Oracle, SQL Server, UNIX and Windows servers.
· Proficient understanding of Application Servers such as Web Logic, Web Sphere, and JBoss.
· Solid knowledge of current web and Internet technologies.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
· Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
· Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
· Ability to quickly defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
· Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
· Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
· Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Must be able to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.