Skills and Work Experience:
• Must Have a car and driving license
• 5 Years' Experience as Help Desk Support, Network Administrator or Network Engineer
• Strong experience with Windows 8/7, MS Office 2010
• Strong knowledge of Windows Server platform 2008 R2/ 2012;
• Solid networking skills including: DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Wireless;
• Experience with desktop imaging and software deployment;
• Understanding of TCP/IT, DHCP,LDAP, DNS, VOIP, VPN and Network Security, Wireshark.
• Experience with network cabling and patch panels.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Desired: Experience with Adtran and Cisco routers and switches.
• A huge plus would be familiarity with one of the following:
Avaya, Allworx, Asterisk, MyTel, Shortel or any other widely used SIP based phone system. Installation, deployment and user training experience.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Visiting potential clients to present to them Allworx(or other VOIP PBX product) and its capabilities. Giving a description in laymen's terms about how VOIP product works and what benefits it will provide to their growing business.
• Doing a site survey to determine what is needed for a successful VOIP deployment at the client site. This includes network analysis, cabling infrastructure assessment and PC readiness for any software that Allworx(or other VOIP PBX product) will provide on the data network.
• Doing a site survey to determine what is needed to successfully deploy a data solution. Windows servers, VPN, remote administration, file sharing and any software needed to run a business.
• Accessing remotely and troubleshooting current clients via a VPN or Remote Access Software. This includes calling a client to determine current issues with the VOIP or a Data product. Identifying the problem and replicating it; be it a network, user-end, or PSTN related issue. Finally taking appropriate steps, which include: visiting a client to do further research, escalating the problem to a carrier or a colleague. Taking complete documentation and notes for each case and updating the superiors is paramount.
• At the office: Keeping the inventory of any items that have been ordered in an
• Providing clients with End-User and Administrative Training, on newly installed Allworx VoIP Phone Systems.