Get new similar jobs by email for
Nuvera Fuel Cells (www.nuvera.com) is a global leader in the development of fuel processing and fuel cell technology, committed to providing clean, safe, efficient, and high-value added hydrogen-based power products. With offices in the USA and Italy, Nuvera is focused on the commercialization of electrochemical power modules for industrial and automotive applications, and modular, cost-effective hydrogen generation, compression, and dispensing systems.
We are seeking a Lead Test Technician to support Nuvera engineering in the development and testing of new technology concepts, products and subsystems in various stages of development. Provide hands on support in building, fabricating, instrumenting, performing testing and providing the fundamental organization of acquired data. The technician will be involved with engineering from early design stages through to project completion.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Test Equipment Fabrication and Commissioning
· Perform diversified mechanical and electrical tasks in the planning, fabrication, debugging and testing of fuel processing and fuel cell systems and sub-assemblies associated with prototype test equipment and pre-production units.
· Follow both verbal and written instructions from engineers, designers, and production personnel in the form of work instructions, prints, P&ID’s, specifications, technical manuals and engineering sketches in performing above activities.
· Construct and modify test fixtures and infrastructure.
Test Equipment Assembly and Testing
· Assemble, instrument, load, pressure test and install various types of reactors (including catalyst handling which requires the use of a respirator) and similar products.
· Execute test plans, record and organize observations and data for final analysis by engineering.
Test Equipment Repair and Maintenance
· Troubleshoot, modify and repair complex electro-mechanical systems and controls.
· Help ensure reliability and quality of test data by maintaining and calibrating test equipment.
· Provide thoughtful suggestions and feedback based upon knowledge and experience.
Perform additional tasks and/ or special projects as requested.
Job Qualifications: (Required unless otherwise noted)
Ten or more years of relevant work experience; strong electrical background preferred
Special Skills and Abilities:
· Mastery of hand tools, power tools, measuring devices (calipers, micrometers, multi-meters) requiring attention to detail and a high degree of precision)
· Advanced machining/metal working skills
· Tube bending, plumbing with piping and tubing and sheet metal work
· Ability to read and work from prints, sketches, P&ID and schematics
· Experience using power supplies and load banks in testing applications
· Experience testing with compressed gases, natural gas and hydrogen
· Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple and changing test priorities in a fast paced environment
Physical requirements / work environment
· Indoor Shop floor, laboratory as well as field installation site
· Tasks performed sometimes outside in all weather conditions
· Maneuver in tight areas and work in awkward positions required
· Lift components weighing up to less than 50 lbs
· Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
Nuvera Fuel Cells, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Nuvera participates in e-Verify.