Join Con-way Freight for the respect you deserve on day one and career opportunities moving forward.
At Con-way Freight, our rewarding culture is built on teamwork and respect. Safety is our #1 core value, so we maintain a fleet which includes new Freightliner®Cascadia® tractors with state-of-the-art technology. Each is equipped with Drive Safe Systems™ (DSS) which alerts drivers to potential safety risks and helps them respond. Con-way Freight’s trucks were also recently rated as best-maintained in the industry by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
As a Driver Sales Representative (DSR) you can help us serve our customers better while you help yourself with many opportunities to advance your career. Great pay and benefits complete the package that makes Con-way Freight a rewarding culture. All this, and you’ll get to go home every day.
Con-way Freight goes the extra mile for you:
- Our DSRs are recognized among the best in the industry.
- Every day, you’ll be supported by a friendly team and state-of-the-art technology.
- Your ideas will be heard.
- You will have real opportunities to advance your career.
- You’ll get great pay, great benefits and the pride that comes from a rewarding career.
Con-way Freight invests in safety:
- New Freightliner® Cascadia® tractors with the latest technologies.
- The first and only major LTL carrier to deploy significant safety technology as an integrated system across the entire fleet.
- More National Truck Driving Championship Champions than any other LTL carrier.
- Our drivers have recorded over 2 billion miles of safe driving.
- Five Con-way Freight DSRs have driven over three million miles without an accident.
Description of Essential Job Functions:
- Unload & load freight off/on trailers; lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs frequently and greater than 75 lbs occasionally); safely operate heavy equipment; move, position and connect/disconnect a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs; safely climb in and out of a tractor cab and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or forklift; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; operate a tractor/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials; and safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Safely operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable).
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
- Maintain a current Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials, Doubles/Triples and Tanker Vehicle (Tanker) endorsements.
- Operate and maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
- Provide service excellence to customers including generating sales leads to appropriate personnel.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and as many as 12-14 hours in a day, including any of the shifts (day, evening, night and weekend).
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits:
Pay starts at $19.99 per hour and may also include the opportunity for overtime and an annual company bonus. Benefit plans are based on length of employment, beginning with 401k eligibility and expanding up to full medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance and disability. Con-way Freight is a great opportunity for a challenging career with tremendous growth potential and the flexibility to be home every day.
Skills & Experience:
- Possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial driver's license.
Hazardous materials endorsement required; must be obtained in full within 90 days of employment.
- Doubles/Triples endorsement required; must be obtained in full within 90 days of employment.
- Tank Vehicle endorsement (Tankers) preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Safe driving record and history.
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals.
- Pass a company paid DOT physical.
- Pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test.
“We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.”
For immediate consideration please click “Apply Here” anywhere above. You will be automatically redirected to our career site where you can fill out a complete employment application. You will receive an automated confirmation upon receipt of your application, and will be contacted by the location directly based on your qualifications for the position.