· Design mechanical components and assemblies using accepted design practices with an emphasis on manufacturability, reliability and maintainability.
· Parametrically model designs in Unigraphics using the master model approach (assemblies and components).
· Create engineering drawings verifying fit, form and function of mechanical designs.
· Design and test prototypes to prove designs.
· Verify structural acceptability of designs.
· Must employ broad knowledge of materials, load, suppliers, and FEA to design products that meet manufacturability and FAA requirements.
· Evaluate materials and parts for use in new designs including communicating with current and new suppliers.
· Complete assigned projects on time and within budget.
o Prior experience in the design of mechanical systems for commercial aircraft seating products is a plus.
o Experience designing composite parts from materials/processes such as carbon, glass, kevlar, pre-pregs, compression molding, RTM, and crush core molding.
o Experience working with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) principles.
o Familiarity with FAA requirements a plus.
o Ability to work with minimal supervision.
o Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.