Get new similar jobs by email for
Job Title: UX Designer
Department: Product Management
Reports To: VP, Product Management
Senior UX/Interaction Designer that can help lead a usability revolution, taking feature-rich and value-packed healthcare enterprise software products to a new level of user experience. Focus on tasks, navigation, flow and layout.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop a deep understanding of target users/personas, the tasks they are trying to accomplish and the environments in which they work.
· Create intuitive UX designs, wireframes and interactive prototypes for new products and features, with a focus on tasks, navigation, flow and layout. Visual design would be a welcome plus, but primary need is interaction design and information architecture.
· Test and improve designs with users, clients and stakeholders, both remotely and in person.
· Work collaboratively with product managers, analysts, and architects across multiple locations and time zones, to ensure features and products are valuable, usable and feasible.
· Quickly learn sophisticated enterprise software products and domains.
· Clearly communicate concepts and incorporate feedback, but end “debates of opinion” by demonstrating expertise and winning the trust of teammates.
· Help establish UX design processes and principles to be used throughout the product development life cycle.
· Take the initiative, demonstrating passion, resourcefulness and good humor.
· Set and deliver on goals, consistently meet deadlines, and provide appropriate status on work activities.
· Work effectively in a dynamic and technical environment, adapt quickly, and make decisions with limited information.
· Travel as needed, estimated at 10%.
· This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities, but does require thought leadership in UX design.
· Strong portfolio showcasing at least five years of great interactiondesign for enterprise applications, including healthcare. At least five years’ experience testing UX designs.
· Expertise and efficiency building and testing interactive prototypes with tools such as Axure, ProtoShare, PidCo, Balsamiq or others.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships both internally and with clients.
· Self-starter with strong leadership skills and a drive to succeed.
· Proven ability to function well in a high performance software development environment with strong analytical counterparts.
· Intellectual horsepower with demonstrated ability to learn sophisticated enterprise applications quickly.
Excellent English written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills. Must be able to communicate design concepts clearly and concisely to a wide variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Must be able to compute basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, division, and percentages to ensure designs will “fit” within available screen real estate.
Must be able to analyze and interpret data relating to various projects and resolve issues and problems that arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to:
· Sit for several hours at a time while completing “desk” activities including using computer keyboard/mouse/screen, typing, writing, designing, and other associated work.
· Move freely around their work setting, company offices, client and user sites, and other locations necessary to perform job duties.
· Travel throughout the U.S. using available public transportation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work will be conducted in a standard office environment, client offices, user offices, and/or other professional locations. Temperatures are regulated by facilities management and are not within the control of the individual. Some work is conducted in an open-cubicle area with associated distractions. Business professional attire is required when interacting with clients/potential clients/vendors, etc. Candidate’s primary work location may be a home-office.
Atlas Development Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply and be considered for this position, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, a portfolio or samples of you work, salary history and requirements to:
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT SALARY HISTORY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
NO PHONE CALLS/RECRUITER CALLS PLEASE.