Get new similar jobs by email for
Consulting Utility Forester
Seeking employment in Vegetation Management? Then work for the Best! ACRT is the leading independent national utility vegetation management company with a 90% engaged workforce! No matter your experience level, ACRT Inc. has an opportunity for you! We are growing and looking to hire in the states of Indiana, Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida.
We are seeking Consulting Utility Foresters for both Transmission and Distribution operations. These positions are ideal for both entry level and seasoned professionals with a forestry or relevant degree preferred but not required.
Responsibilities Could Include:
1. Safety and productivity assessments, including quality assurance and control of suppliers performing vegetation management services for our customer.
2. Communicate with customers and address concerns as they relate to their vegetation management practices and policies.
3. Provide program and/or project management needs as it relates to the customer’s vegetation management programs and projects.
4. Perform roll of vegetation observer in helicopter patrols as requested.
5. Provide work planning and work scoping services, which may include but not limited to ground patrol, taking tree inventories, reactive work, estimating projects, identifying hazard trees, and evaluating contractor equipment needs.
6. Provide feedback to our customers’ vegetation management team, which may include but not limited to supplier performance, customer issues, reactive work, and program/project status.
7. Other similar responsibilities related to vegetation management activities not specifically identified above.
• Experience in utility vegetation management
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Self-motivated, organized, production oriented
• Comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
• Able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
• Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
• Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules
• Valid Driver License required
• 2 or 4 year degree in Forestry, Horticulture, Natural Resources or related fields
• Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware
• ISA Certified Arborist
• Utility Specialist certification
• Pesticide certification
Ø Full time and part opportunities available
Ø ACRT, Inc. is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR Company!!!
Ø Employees become owners and receive company stock after a waiting period
Ø ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families
Ø Group Life Insurance
Ø Optional Life Insurance
Ø Short & Long Term Disability
Ø Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Ø Company Vehicle/Gas Card for work related and commuting purposes
Ø Boot Allowance Program
Ø ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
Ø Employee Referral Program
Ø Pre-employment drug screen and background check required