Clinical Careers at UnitedHealth Group. The days when people only connected with health care when they were sick are over. Today, we're leading the health care revolution with a growing array of proactive, holistic tools and resources to encourage total well-being for millions of our customers. our integration model and network of over 80,000 providers allows us to affect meaningful change on a huge scale, and positions us well ahead of our competitors. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. We're inventing the future of health care. Join us. Change your life by doing your life's best work.℠
Utilization Review Care Advocate - Wellesley, MA
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealth is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work. (sm)
As a Behavioral/Mental Health Care Advocate you will be responsible for utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
This position will be based in Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Concurrent care management, effectively influencing facility treatment toward best practices and ongoing stabilization and well - being for our members
- Assessing inpatient, residential, and partial hospital treatment needs based on Level of Care Guidelines
- Developing discharge plans
- Independent management of daily caseloads, collaborating with other clinicians and MD's
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D.
- Licenses must be independent, active, and unrestricted
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- 2+ years post - Masters experience in residential, inpatient and/or partial treatment programs
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience in a managed care setting
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Social Worker, Psychologist, LMFT, LMHC, LICSW, LP, Therapist, Counselor, Case Manager, Substance Abuse, Inpatient, Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Care Advocate, Utilization Review, Concurrent Review, UHG, Optum, Wellesley, Worcester, Boston, Framingham, Natick, MA, Massachusetts,