The Service Manager/Fixed Operations is a high visibility position with high growth potential. You will have the responsibility for running an efficient and profitable Service department. You will operate the department at maximum production, controlling costs, building a loyal clientele, maintaining good employee relationships, setting and obtaining sales & profit objectives and maintaining department records. Research business strategies to enhance growth & profit. Maintains responsibility for monitoring and improving customer satisfaction experiences and survey ratings.
- Forecast goals and objectives for department &
monitor and support your team for progress
- Prepare & administer an annual operating budget for the Department.
- Monitor all departmen expenses and company policy standards that are issued as quarterly guidelines for efficiency and best practices.
- Facilitate meetings for performance, brainstorm ideas for added business.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with, federal, state and local
regulations that affect service operations, such as
hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, etc.
- Monitor customer hours/RO and shop efficiency
- Monitor Service payroll records and tech time sheets.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to
encourage repeat referral business
- Serve as liaison with factory representatives
- Expedite return phone calls for concerned customers who were not satisfied at the store level and/or in-house customer call center follow-up activities. (Report as needed)
- Attend monthly board meetings and quarterly standards meetings
- Responsible for direct supervision of department
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS & TRAINING DUTIES:
- Strive for harmony & teamwork with all other departments
- Hire, train, motivate, counsel, and monitor the performance of all Service
- department staff
- Set action plan with department managers for training and certification of staff
- Conduct meetings with department employees to discuss activities and problems of mutual interest
- Ten plus years of experience within the auto industry (fixed operations
- Must have managed a department successfully for a minimum of
- Excellent communication, managerial and time management skills
- Ability to operate the department at a profit according to dealership