International Fiber Corporation is the industry leader in manufacturing high purity fiber products, providing customized product solutions to meet the changing marketplace, exceptional service, and a broader global presence with four modern manufacturing facilities located around the world.
IFC's multi-functional products are customized for many industries including: food, cheese, pharmaceutical, pet food, industrial filtration, chemical derivatives, molding compounds and building chemicals.
International Fiber Corporation is looking for an experienced Vice President of Quality Control to join our diversified quality group at our North Tonawanda, New York headquarters. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Research & Development, the Vice President of Quality will travel between the three U.S. manufacturing facilities to ensure IFC's compliance will all Quality and Food Safety standards.
The successful candidate MUST have a Masters Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related field and will have exceptionally strong working knowledge of all quality and regulatory programs related to the FOOD INDUSTRY.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Assist Executive Vice President of R&D in managing quality control function at all three U.S. based manufacturing facilities.
- Aid in the development and training of all new quality control/assurance employee's.
- Develop new quality related testing methods and revise/improve existing testing methodology.
- Act as the Corporate SQF Practitioner and train plant quality managers and supervisors as the local SQF Practitioners for each facility.
- Facilitate and participate in customer and third party quality audits together with plant quality managers and supervisors.
- Audit quality programs and Quality Operating Procedures (QOPs) at all plants to ensure compliance.
- Plan and set up quality duties, as required, including documentation and implementation of QOPs, test procedures and HACCP related matters.
- Assist Executive Vice President of R&D in ensuring that labs at all facilities are properly staffed and equipped, and providing prompt and accurate data.
- Assist in implementation of new testing programs as required, including method write-up and validation.
- Ensure that all staff for chemical and microbiological analysis have been properly trained.
- Assist in ensuring that routine & non-routine chemical, microbiological and physical analyses of products manufactured at all facilities are performed in timely and accurate manner.
- Verify that analytical documentation is in good order at each site, including computerized records.
- Ensure that quality improvement programs and corrective actions resulting from quality audits all facilities are effective.
- When required, assist in investigations of non-conforming product deviations and customer inquiries, verify root causes found and monitor the corrective actions that put in place for effectiveness.
- Actively participate in preparation of historical analysis of Customer Inquiries, with trends identified, and review with management in order to establish long-term corrective actions, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that required quality and food safety standards are continually improved, to meet current and future customer and regulatory requirements.
Compensation package – competitive, commensurate with experience. Very competitive benefits package, including medical and dental plans, 401(k) plan with match, life, voluntary life and disability plans.