This candidate will be responsible for tracking and compiling data and upkeep of data acquisition requests in DHS systems required by Federal legal compliance and law enforcement requirements. The candidate will be able to communicate effectively and provide data analytical functions and specialty areas should include but are not limited to request routing, data entry, FOIA, declassification, and quality assurance while applying mid-level analytical techniques to support evaluation of such data requests.
The Candidate shall:
- Track evidence inventory for intake and release of all evidence items delivered to the team. This includes insuring proper handling and maintenance of evidence and chain of custody records.
- Perform daily analytical actions in the performance of Data Acquisitions, E-Discovery and reporting.
- Participate in IT security meetings and briefings tracking of evidence inventory for intake and release of all evidence items delivered to the team. This includes insuring proper handling and maintenance of evidence and chain of custody records.
- Perform parsing and analysis of exchange, active directory, restored data; to include link analysis, filtering and file recovery. Provide reports of such data;
- Provide support, reports, and all related deliverables on “chain of custody” matters.
- Perform case reviews to insure analysis reports meet acceptable standards as defined by policy.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Secret clearance is required w/ the ability to get through DHS EOD.
Must possess 2-4 years experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of Data Acquisitions, and E-Discovery and respective techniques and process. They should also understand how to conduct initial declassification reviews in support of DHS or associated components. The candidate should also possess the following skill sets:
- Proficient in developing and presenting, both verbally and in writing, highly technical information and presentations to non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization. Audiences for this information include, but are not limited to, senior executives at DHS and other agencies.
- Experience utilizing and evaluating results from the following set of E- Discovery tools including but not limited to: Attenex, Autonomy, and Concordance. Experience must be clearly identified in resume.
- Experience as a court recognized expert witness in the area of digital evidence collection. Experience must be clearly identified in resume.
- Experience utilizing and evaluating results from the following set of E-mail recovery tools including but not limited to: Kroll Ontrack Power Controls and Paraben E-mail Examiner. Experience must be clearly identified in resume.
- Hands-on experience with the hardware and software associated with e-mail recovery and E- Discovery. Experience must be clearly identified in resume.
- Experience working with legal professionals on cases. Experience must be clearly identified in resume.
- Analytical skills to apply DHS policy and procedures in making determinations on documents for declassification, exemption, exclusion or referral to other agencies.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, reading comprehension, attention to detail, and organizational abilities.
- Proper understanding of document markings and ultimately proper handling.
- Ability to research information and ask relevant questions to make informed decisions.
- Ability to apply proper records management techniques to ensure the integrity of reviewed material.
- Assist in any other role or function that supports the efforts of the project.