| || |
Builders, contractors and remodelers across the country trust Norandex, a division of Saint-Gobain, and for good reason: We’re one of the leading distributors of exterior building products in the United States. Since 1946, we’ve been dedicated to searching out new and innovative ways to improve the quality of our products and services. We are an industry leader because we are a team of many with one common goal: A Passion for Our Customers and that means so much more to us than selling siding, roofing, windows, doors and other building materials.
We have an immediate opening for a customer-oriented, motivated individual to join our Clarksburg, WV Team as a Warehouse Leader. This position reports to a Branch Operations Manager or Branch Manager and is responsible for maintaining product inventory levels, accuracy and timeliness of deliveries, product storage and warehouse housekeeping. Additional responsibilities include assisting branch truck driver(s) in selecting and loading material for delivery to customers.
| || |
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Supervise and assist in unloading product shipments and the storage thereof in the warehouse. Inspect products and shipping documents to assure that material has arrived in good condition.
- Supervise and assist in placing material in proper storage locations and secure in accordance with safe storage, stacking, or palletizing methods.
- Locate and stage material for delivery by company truck or for pickup by customers.
- Assist branch truck driver by loading and securing material in the truck in a manner that assures no damage in transit.
- Verifying delivery and walk-in order accuracyto ensure that material loaded for delivery or pick-up matches shipping documents and that the products are in good condition.
- Periodically examine stored material and report any deterioration or damage.
- Maintain warehouse in a clean, orderly and safe manner to assure that material can be efficiently selected and loaded for delivery.
- Validating current inventory levels for accuracy, conduct cycle counts as required and assist in taking inventory as required on a regular basis.
- May be required to fill in for branch truck driver to cover periods of vacation, illness, or extra scheduled deliveries.
- Provide training and day-to-day job direction for other branch warehouse persons and truck drivers.
- Ensuring warehouse staff and truck drivers work safely, attend safety meetings and follow all safety procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Job Requirements (Education & Experience)
- This position requires a valid license. Prefer CDL A or B. Mininum D license required.
- Must have good oral communication, employee relations and customer service skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass a Valid OSHA approved forklift certification (company training provided). Depending on location must be able to drive forklift or side loader. Must be able to operate a pallet jack and a walk behind forklift.
- May be required to have or be qualified to obtain the proper level of commercial driver’s license.
- Must have at least one year’s experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Must be able to present evidence of a good driving record that is free of recent infractions and accidents.
- Must have thorough knowledge of products sold through the branch.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift extremely heavy awkward products repeatedly to store, remove from storage, or load onto a truck.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of frequency and intensity in other physical activities such as reaching, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling and crouching.
- Must have good visual acuity, depth perception, color vision, and peripheral vision.
- The incumbent will be required to work both inside and outside in extremes of cold, heat and humidity, depending on the season and location.
- The incumbent will be exposed to modest amounts of dust, fumes, noise and vibrations.
Our company offers competitive wages and a generous benefit package that includes paid vacation and holidays, medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k) with company match and bonus eligibility.
Norandex is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.