Get new similar jobs by email for
Warehouse Assistant/ Driver
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT/DRIVER
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This Job Description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. It does not include all aspects of this position such as potential additional duties assigned by management and the requirements for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.
To assist, oversee, and participate in the receipt, storage, delivery, inventory, and distribution of supplies, materials, and equipment and to coordinate with Warehouse Manager for proper maintenance of these related records and files. Employees in this classification receive general supervision within a framework of standard policies and procedures. This job class requires attention to details, initiative, and organizational skills.
The Major Areas Directed Are:
· Participates in the receipt, unpacking, and inspection of incoming supplies and equipment; checking for damages as well as conformity to purchase orders and packing slips.
· Contacts Warehouse Manager on shortages, overages, or misidentified items received.
· Assist delivery truck, forklift and other warehouse tools and equipment when needed.
· Maintenance of Warehouse including organization, cleanliness as follows: sweeping, equipment, maintenance of box truck and warehouse vehicle (HHR), disposing of trash and boxes.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
· Assist withsorting of supplies.
· Assist on equipment deliveries.
· Assist in scanning to email all signed sales order tickets and close out open work order calls.
· Assist in pulling equipment to fill orders, and prepare for the Make Ready Technician. Contact Warehouse Manager of all back orders.
· Assist in wrapping copiers and/or fax machines including surge protectors with correct color stretch wrap and setting in proper “Bin”.
· Assist in pulling Supply Orders for Maintenance Contracts and Supply Sales.
· Assist in shipping/receiving with assistance from other warehouse department employee(s) when needed.
· Assist in routing deliveries to ensure maximum efficiency.
· Assist in shipping all supply orders via Fed-Ex and fulfill in e-automate.
· Assist in keeping the loading dock clear at all times.
· Assist in cleaning shop area.
· Assist in facility security/closing gates daily.
· Assist in maintaining proper stock of front lobby refrigerator and main kitchen supplies to include cups, coffee items, and vending machines.
· Assist in performing building maintenance as needed. Example: Light bulb replacement, internal employee glass preparation, internal office relocations, office furniture movement, etc.
· Assist in compiling physical inventory count of the following equipment and retain proper accuracy reports for:Marimon, Used, Demo, Showroom, MBM, Office.
· Elementary principles of preventative maintenance of vehicles proper warehousing, storage, and distribution methods and procedures.
· Safety rules and regulations as related to warehouse and delivery operations.
· Inventory techniques and methods.
All Warehouse Personnel keep a current Texas Drivers License and satisfactory driving record in order to meet the qualifications for this position.