Do you have a passion for Cloud and Software as a Service applications that run on Amazon Web Services or VMware? Do you have technical expertise with Web and Java Application Servers, Linux/UNIX? Do you enjoy scripting, automation and working with configuration management tools like Puppet/Chef or monitoring tools like Nagios? If so, become part of our Website and Cloud Operations group that is actively involved in the development and operations of our Cloud/SaaS products. We need people responsible for production, development and test infrastructure administration across several geographic locations:
- Java, Ruby on Rails and Apache Server Administration (Glassfish, Weblogic, Tomcat, Passenger)
- Cloud and virtualization based technologies (Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMWare, vCloud)
- Linux/UNIX Administration (Ubuntu and RedHat/CentOS)
- Developing and supporting cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and being directly involved in the software development process
- Support always-available cloud based software as a service (SaaS) applications and corporate web presence
- Supporting application deployments. Building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones.
- Using monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development
- Build and manage development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools
- Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure
- Contribute to the creation of system support documents such as run books used by our NOC
- Leverage scripting (BASH, Ruby) to build required automation and tools on an adhoc basis.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a master's degree, or a PhD degree is required.
- Java Application Server administration and tuning experience (e.g. Glassfish, Weblogic, Tomcat, Websphere)
- Linux administration experience (e.g. Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS) with a focus on web (Apache/Nginx)
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, HTML, XML
- Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Solid experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as EC2, RDS, DynamoDB and S3 (a strong plus)
- Prior experience with Cloud or Virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Xen)
- Experience administering Ruby on Rails/Passenger applications
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Tivoli, Wily, BMC)
- Java development experience