YMT Vacations’ business model is based on direct distribution and its ability to secure low-cost tour content through excellent, long-term supplier relationships. YMT provides value-focused tours to retired, middle-class “gray” Americans. Prospects respond to ads placed in a variety of media including newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio campaigns, direct mail and on-line. Prospect leads are provided to one of three call centers staffed by highly-trained sales associates who convert the leads into customers.
Travcoa is a well-regarded boutique luxury tour operator catering to sophisticated world travelers. The business model relies primarily on retail travel agency sales, although direct-to-consumer is growing rapidly. Travcoa’s marketing consists of direct mail and e-marketing with little consumer and trade advertising. The current growth strategy is to leverage the nearly 60-year-old brand online in order to expand its core escorted journeys and introduce new product lines that cater to a younger, more independent traveler.
Responsible for the continued development and maintenance of current external websites (travcoa.com and ymtvacations.com) on a common external platform that is consistent with all TUI Expeditions brands. Executes the testing, content development, and proper functioning of both web sites. This role spans across a range of marketing applications to support all stages of the customer lifecycle, including content management, promotional efforts, regular announcements and communications, and ongoing customer service enhancements.
Under the direction of the CMO and E-Commerce Manager, this position supports all functions for the execution of online marketing, including communications, website maintenance, project management, SEO/SEM efforts and supporting strategy implementation.
Although the primary focus for this position is leading and overseeing website design, maintenance, and performance, s/he will also support other projects and tasks within the marketing department relating to e-marketing.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
● 3-5 years experience in web marketing and communications
● College diploma or higher education in marketing, communications or related field
● Project management experience is an asset
● Strong PC skills, including standard office productivity tools (MS Office)
● Training, education and experience in Internet and e-Commerce, e-Marketing and Marketing Media
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work independently with minimal supervision on multiple tasks with a variety of clients and team members
● Strong communication skills (verbal and written, including presentation skills)
● Solid ability to deliver to expectations
● Strong organizational and execution skills
● Strong attention to detail is required