Web Development Manager
Uline – Shipping Supply Specialists
"The people I work with are as passionate as I am."
"I came to Uline for a job. Instead, I found a career."
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. We're a family-owned company known for our incredible customer service and quality products. Our people make the difference.
We're looking for the best and brightest to take our IT Application Development group to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in software development, modeling, systems analysis, database administration, or quality assurance, Uline is the company for you.
Uline seeks a Web Development Manager at its Corporate Headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (just over the IL / WI state line).
Join us to experience why Uline has been designated with the Forbes 2015 America’s Best Employers award.
- Manage, develop and mentor a team of technical experts responsible for the operations, performance and reliability of Uline's e-commerce websites.
- Responsible for the bi-weekly code deployment process. Ensure changes are sufficiently tested, track defects and ensure sufficient coverage for after-hours support.
- Manage the application portfolio for internal applications (sales CRM and intranet).
- Plan and roll out the new catalog to all web environments bi-annually.
- Provide support for disaster recovery testing, capacity planning and performance tuning for web applications.
- Manage day-to-day triage of tickets, break-fix items and enhancements and ensure tickets are correctly prioritized.
- Work closely with the Web Development team to ensure development resources are optimally utilized.
- Orchestrate quality assurance for weekly fixes and emergency patches as needed.
- Lead projects to improve reliability, security and performance of our websites and the data feeds that support them.
- Build strong bridges with business stakeholders, infrastructure teams, vendors and other IT teams. Drive projects and improvement activities across the extended team.
- Facilitate the incident management process across the Web Development teams. Perform root cause analysis and recommend preventative measures for major issues.
- Collaborate with IT on scheduled maintenance. Minimize impact to customers and sales.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus.
- 10+ years in the IT industry with 3+ years leadership experience.
- 5+ years in design and development of .NET or web-based applications.
- Well-versed in systems and procedures for web, including hosting, load-balancing, caching, content delivery networks, release management, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Able to lead complex technical discussions with developers and engineers, building consensus, and creating action plans.
- Strong communication and customer service skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 3 bonus programs.
Please visit www.uline.com/jobs to learn more about our job openings and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please click the “APPLY” button to submit your resume for immediate consideration!