Account Executive - Major Projects-WD30007376
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call 414-524-8999 and press option #0 or email HR_Recruitment@jci.com
Under general direction, responsible for the sale of large volume,integrated, Building Automation Systems (BAS) and technology solutions tocontractors and consultants responsible for new construction and renovationbuilding projects. Promote the JCI value proposition to executive levelcontractors and consultants by providing comprehensive technology solutions forthe customer’s business and operational needs Builds and manages long termcustomer relationships/partnerships with key and target general contractors andarchitectural and engineering principles. Responsible for customersatisfaction.. Executes the sales process to aid in cultivating and managinglong-term relationships and in seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities.Utilizes sales tools to plan and document progress as well as increase businessopportunity in accounts. Leverage monthly checkpoints to gain progressivecommitments from the customer. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth ofofferings within that account. Selects customer pursuit teams for majoropportunities by combining members from outside Area and outside Systems team.
- Sells, with minimal supervision, the JCIofferings persuasively, persistently and confidently to building owners at theC-level while reaching optimal profit levels. Manages ongoing sales process,develops relationship, responds to and anticipates customer needs. Focus on afew projects while managing one to two at a time. Particularly focusing onselling HVAC Control Systems. Equipment, and building automation technology.
- Builds partnering relationships with theowner or owner representatives responsible for the decision making process todrive the system technology sales of JCI offerings. Actively listens, probesand identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business and speak theirlanguage.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and businessacumen to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact withmultiple contractors and consultants responsible for the decision making ofsystems purchases in new and renovated buildings. Develops network of contacts.
- UsesJCI Sales process within the construction development process to position JCIas only responsible and responsive provider. Demonstrates technical knowledgeand a solution that matches the customer’s project challenge to provide valueto the customer and favorably position JCI. Qualifies and assesses potentialcustomers. Refers leads to other business segments.
- Addresses customer's operational and environmentalobjectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customerobjectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. Applies knowledgeof competitor’s business strategies, control products and solutions tofavorably differentiate JCI from them.
- Positively and credibly influences design andconstruction with contractors and consultants. Frequently creates competitive,high quality and timely estimates, bids, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis.Effectively writes, presents and communicates bids. Negotiates value, addressesresistance when demonstrated and closes the sale. Differentiates JCI as a totalbuilding environment supplier.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively (SMIS,Account Management plan and website, Account Plan and TAS) to plan,communicates and documents progress as well as increase business opportunity inaccounts. Leverages JCI sales process monthly checkpoints to gain progressivecommitments from the customer. Manages process steps of the pipeline in SMISwith a focus on next steps, action items and milestone dates.
- Leads the sales team by building and fostering teamrelationships to ensure customer satisfaction. Solicits support from andcommunicates effectively with internal staff. Develops relationship withSolutions and Service sales organization to exceed customers' expectations.Owns and facilitates the customer relationship.
- Assists in the development of the team or Area OfficeSystems sales and marketing plans and strategies. Aides in the implementationof these strategies and action plans. Targets new customers based on verticalmarket strategies.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status.Knows when to call for assistance from upper management to keep the salesprocess moving.
- Attends and presents at trade show. Participates inprofessional organizations.
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering,or related discipline required. MBA preferred. A minimum of five to seven yearsof progressive field sales experience at the C-level. Construction industryknowledge required. Excellent initiative, and interpersonal communicationsskills. Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels. Ability totravel 50%.