The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing the financial accounting staff and facilitating preparation of financial statements and reporting. He or she will be an integral part of managing cash and investments. The Accounting Manager must possess excellent accounting knowledge, be client focused, and approach each assignment looking for continuous improvement. At its essence, the Accounting Manager’s responsibility is to provide structure, reporting and analysis with the goal of safeguarding the Organization’s assets.
- Act as the subject matter expert for accounting functions.
- Lead accounting policies and procedures including, where necessary, establishing appropriate internal controls.
- Direct the day to day activities of the Accounting staff.
- Provide support for investment administration for the individual funds and pension investments that make up our investment portfolio.
- Coordinate accounting of tax compliance activities, including reconciliation of returns and accounting records.
- Partner with IT and Operations to develop new systems tools to support the organization and provide leverage as grows.
- Work closely with the Human Resources department, providing oversight for financial reporting, administration and compliance of retirement plans. Provide financial analysis in evaluating benefit contracts.
- Manage all audit engagements including internal, financial statements, benefit plans, and other special reports.
- Create a system to improve management of treasury activities including banking and cash flow analysis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certified Public Accountant, preferably with 3 to 5 years of experience in one of the Big 4.
- Strong financial systems expertise; experience with Financial Edge a plus.
- Superior project management skills.
Excellent communication, presentation, and management skills.
For immediate consideration, please email resume to email@example.com