We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Process Control Engineer in the Procedural Operations Automation section of our client's central engineering staff in northern Virginia. This position will relocate to Houston during the next 18-24 months (candidates who currently live in Houston can maintain their primary residence and commute biweekly to Houston during that time).
Job Title: Process Control Engineer - Procedural Operations Automation
Location: Fairfax, Virginia (with eventual relocation to Houston, Texas)
Job Duties & Responsibilities: This individual fulfills a project leadership role in procedure automation technology, providing development, implementation, and ongoing support for Honeywell Total Plant Batch and Experion Bath Manager sequential control applications and operator guidance solutions, in pursuit of Procedure Automation objectives at company manufacturing sites. Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as a project lead to develop and deploy integrated sequential control applications (Honeywell Experion Batch Manager/EBM) for plant operations to facilitate the automation of operating procedures.
- Provide consulting to internal and site engineers for fielded automation solutions that provide operator guidance (alarm management, procedural operations, abnormal event detection, and real-time advisory).
- Manage cost and schedule for multiple parallel projects
- Mentor less experienced engineers
About the Employer: Our outstanding client is one of the world's largest publicly traded international oil & gas companies, providing energy that helps underpin growing economies and improve living standards around the world. This company is an industry leader in innovation and technology and provides a dynamic, exciting workplace! They hire exceptional people, and every one of them is empowered to think independently, take initiative, and be innovative. The work will stimulate your curiosity and challenge your intellect in a collaborative environment that fosters creativity. Our client also provides exceptional compensation, benefits, and employee programs that include:
Background Requirements - We are very interested in candidates seeking a career move who have the following:
- The Industry's Best Salaries - This company provides among the highest salaries in the entire petrochemical industry
- Benefits - 401-k plan with up to 7% company match, and comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance plans for you and your family
- Pension Plan - One of the few remaining companies to still offer a traditional, defined benefit pension plan that provides annuity retirement income, for life
- Vacation - Accelerated vacation accrual provides credit for your previous industry service
- Paid Relocation
BS/MS/PhD degree in Chemical Engineering
Minimum of 10+ years of process control engineering experience in the chemical process industry
Experience implementing Honeywell Total Plant Batch (TPS/TPB) or Honeywell Experion Batch Manager (EBM) applications
Demonstrated experience with process control project execution
Interest in progressing along a technical career path
Able to travel regionally and internationally
How To Apply: Please click here to e-mail resume directlly to Recruiter. Please attach resume to email as a Word document. Thank You!
*Please note: All candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis (i.e., must be either a US Citizen or a legal US Permanent Resident/green card holder).