Get new similar jobs by email for
Advisory Engineer, CMP Process...
This position will be responsible for the development of new wafer Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP) and wafer cleaning processes for future generation magnetic recording heads and for the CMP support of prototype builds.
· Develop new CMP processes and post-CMP cleaning processes.
· Design and conduct independent experiments.
· Work closely with consumables suppliers on product development for new applications.
· Provide CMP support for prototype builds for next generation products.
· Work closely with manufacturing engineering team to transfer new CMP and cleaning processes into manufacturing.
· Work with other engineering departments on designs incorporating CMP and on CMP integration issues.
· Direct the work of CMP technicians
· An MS in Physics or a related engineering discipline and at least 3 years of related post-graduate industrial experience involving Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP) OR a PhD with highly related field of study/coursework/research involving CMP.
· Experience in the magnetic heads or semiconductor industries highly preferred
· Demonstrated experience with DOE using JMP.
· Experience with a wide range of metrology and optical inspection metrology tools and techniques, including TencorScan, Nanometrics FTA, SurfScan for defects work, and AFM and optical inspection metrology.
· Strong analytical and decision making skills (Statistical Process Control, NOVAS and other SAS application software) related to selection of process material, resolution of process and metrology issues.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Able to work and interact with various interdepartmental engineering and other support organizations.
This is a day shift position, Monday through Friday, but the work schedule may be changed occasionally to meet company needs. The individual will spend a significant amount of time standing in a class 100 ESD sensitive wafer fab manufacturing facility requiring strict adherence to safety and dress standards, including but not limited to smocks, hairnets, safety shoes, glasses, nitrile gloves, etc.
*Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the classification specification or position description.