Get new similar jobs by email for
Algorithm Design Engineer
Position: Senior Algorithm Engineer
Perform functions to develop, model, design, assemble, test, document, and support laser scanning measurement systems and products.
1. Design and assist with design of 3D scanning metrology systems or similar laser based measurement systems.
2. Develop and improve algorithms, measurement capabilities, system optical models, calibrations development, and analysis tools for optical metrology instruments
3. Generate math models and/or otherwise perform calculations necessary to accurately predict performance, resolution, and measurement accuracy of propose laser and similar image based systems.
4. Support definition of future product development strategy, develop a problem statement, research into particular solutions, develop code, and test prototypes; design, code, and test/integrate into tool product software.
5. Generate, edit, and/or direct generation of firmware and software code for control of laser products and/or test fixtures designed for use with laser 3D measurement products.
6. Provide system design input for development of image sensor, laser pulsing, laser power control, and laser/image temperature stabilization.
7. Generate drawings, specification, schematics, flow charts, bills of material, test procedures, assembly instructions, and other documentation necessary to specify product configuration to manufacturing, purchasing, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
8. Provide expert technical guidance in the use and optimization of laser scanning technology for 3D metrology.
9. Assist and support manufacturing, customer service, and customers with the use of product and fixtures as required.
10. Assemble and test products and fixtures as part of product development and/or production support.
11. Provide guidance for and assist with test, documentation, and communication of critical information necessary to obtain and maintain regulatory approval for laser-based products.
• BS/MS with PhD preferred in Computational Physics or Mathematics with 7 yrs industrial experience.
• Proficiency in Matlab, C++, and object oriented design.
• Experience in lasers and electronics is a must.
• Experience with Matlab and/or C++ is a must.
• Experience in system level testing