Take your career to the next level as a Algorithm Development Engineer with Resolvit. We’ve grown 51% over the last five years and have been included on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing companies three times. How? We hire the best in their fields - results-focused professionals with the skills to achieve project goals across multiple industries.
Are You Up to the Challenge?
Put your skills to work by developing algorithms to extract clinically relevant information from complex genetic data and then implementing those algorithms in production quality code. As the Algorithm Development Engineer, you will design and prototype algorithms in support of a next-generation DNA sequencing system, with an emphasis on base calling algorithms and software. You will design and implement algorithms to validate system correctness, detect failures, and measure overall confidence in sequencing results, collaborating with bioinformatics, molecular biology, and other teams to refine the overall base calling approach. You will also perform rapid prototyping of algorithms and tools, define and develop algorithms and workflows under limited instruction, and implement production algorithm code following the software development life cycle (SDLC) mandated by the quality management system. Additionally, you will:
- Collaborate with experimental scientists to design experiments, analyze data, and communicate results
- Maintain and improve bioinformatics research tools
- Develop a Next-Genome Sequencing (NGS) data analysis algorithm, develop a NGS and third-generation sequencing technology analysis algorithm, and develop as well as materialize a gene analysis algorithm
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- More than 7 years of experience developing bioinformatics algorithms, software, and systems
- Master's of science in computer science, bioinformatics, or a similar discipline
- Strong domain knowledge in general bioinformatics theory and practice
- Direct and specific experience with genome sequencing and analysis
- Strong interdisciplinary skills in computer science, statistics, and molecular biology
- Applied statistics skills, particularly with experimental design and regression modelling
- Superior communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- Very strong software development skills
- Excellent knowledge of and proficiency with standard bioinformatics and analysis tools and packages
Great Additional Skills:
- Ph.D. in relevant discipline is a plus
- Java, Perl, MATLAB, R, Python, C/C++/C# proficiency strongly preferred
- Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) and Real Time PCR (qPCR) experience highly desired
- Innovative algorithm development skills strongly preferred
What’s in it for You?
At Resolvit, you’ll be given the support you need to grow in your consulting career. In addition to opportunities for advancement and ongoing training, we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and long term disability coverage
- In-person support from a local Consultant Care Manager
- Networking opportunities with other consulting professionals
- Short term disability coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
How to Apply:
If you’re ready to join our team, click “Apply” to register with our online talent community. Completion of our online registration process will take 5 minutes.
We currently have more than 100 open career opportunities across the country, so be sure to mention the appropriate Job Code with any correspondence!