About Retail Solutions, Inc (RSi)
Retail Solutions develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer “downstream data”, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
Retail Solutions, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
Retail Solutions serves more than 300 CPG Companies, including nine of the top ten global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 30 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Cranston, RI, Bentonville, AR, Paris, France and Shanghai, China.
Analytic Retail Consultant Job Description
The Analytic Retail Consultant is responsible for driving RSi’s program adoption with a top 10 grocery retailer from within the retailer organization. Areas of focus are primarily related to out-of-stock reduction, unsaleables, inventory management, and improved promotion execution - from statement of work definition to project completion. This highly visible project is sponsored by the retailer Supply Chain Executive Vice President and involves collaborative work with their internal business units as well as their manufacturer supplier partners.
· Lead collaborative strategic projects with grocery customer using RSi software and analytical techniques to quantify business impact, ex. extent of lost sales due to out-of-stocks and/or poor promotion execution along with measures of their primary failure modes and root causes
· Perform business process mapping and engineering in support of pilot tests that will scientifically demonstrate ROI to the retailer
· Manage retailer expectations and RSi deliverables while maintaining the continuously high customer satisfaction that RSi is known for
· Capture feedback from retailer business units to continuously improve RSi’s service offerings and drive requirements definition for enhancing RSi’s analytic applications
Skills and Experience Required
· BS Degree with 0-2+ years relevant supply chain, operations, category management studies or related experience preferably in the consumer products or retail industries
· Strong analytical and data analysis skills demonstrated by experience and references; experience developing data-driven analytical models of various operations / policies
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong presentation skills, particularly with customers present
· Excellent people skills
· Software skills such as Excel (required), Access, VBA, SQL, Monte Carlo Simulation, Matlab, etc. are highly valued
· Working knowledge of related enterprise software applications (e.g., SAP, i2, Retek, SAS, Cognos) is highly valued
Growth opportunities abound in this rapidly-growing, fast-paced and innovative company. A successful individual may have the opportunity to fully manage key customer relationships, lead a service offering, manage an industry segment, and/or take on product management responsibilities for RSi applications.