Application Development Director ( IC Manufacturing / Semiconductor Equipment )
The mission of KLA-Tencor's SensArray Division is generating indispensable, embedded sensor-based metrology systems for semiconductor and related production process environments. SensArray solutions are deployed widely across the fab by leading IC manufacturers to enhance the ROI of semiconductor process equipment. Key applications include plasma etch, lithography, deposition, and surface preparation. In addition to serving fab customers, SensArray products are also used extensively by semiconductor equipment companies (OEMs) in the development, production, and support of their tools.
The Director of Applications Engineering is the leader and manager of a global team of technical experts who drive the applications of SensArray products. Further, the Director of Applications Engineering is the SensArray Division’s leading technical expert on semiconductor manufacturing processes and technology inflections.
Major responsibilities of the Director of Applications Engineering include:
1) Directing the applications engineering teams responsible for the development and implementation of product use cases for existing products and products in development.
2) Selecting, developing, and evaluating applications engineering personnel to ensure the highest level of talent development.
3) Managing teams on applications engineering activities related to new product introduction such as characterization, alpha testing, and beta testing.
4) Identifying, understanding, and conveying customer challenges and industry inflections to marketing, sales, engineering, and advanced development in order to develop new products or to enhance existing products.
5) Directing the development best known method documents, application notes, and other training material, and ensuring the transfer of product knowledge to field applications teams.
6) Establishing field support strategies and processes to enhance customer satisfaction for division products and services.
7) Participating in setting the strategic direction of the organization.
8) Traveling internationally and domestically approximately 30-50% to meet with major customers and with members of field teams.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience and successes in the following areas:
•Strategic and analytical skills including quantitative data analysis
•Technical expertise on semiconductor fab processes such as etch, lithography, deposition, wet clean, etc.
•Technical knowledge of semiconductor technology trends, preferably for both logic and memory devices
•Background understanding of applications of metrology to semiconductor production
•Building outstanding rapport with customers including advising customers on complex issues
•Developing deep understanding customer challenges, problems, and needs
•Convincingly and professionally presenting ideas to external and internal audiences
In addition, the candidate should have proven or developing capabilities for:
•Effectively interacting across organizational, geographic, and cultural boundaries
•Building engagements and leveraging expertise across other divisions and groups within the corporation
•Driving operational excellence and efficiency through effective management of a global team
•Identifying, developing, and deploying applications engineering talent
•Successfully mentoring and coaching individual applications engineers
PhD Level Degree in science or engineering and 10 years of experience in IC manufacturing and/or semiconductor equipment industries.
Master’s Level Degree in science or engineering and 12 years of experience in IC manufacturing and/or semiconductor equipment industries.
Kindly send your resumes toSivaram.firstname.lastname@example.org