Job Title: Applications Developer II
Job Class: Salary 3
Summary of Position:
Designs, develops, and implements computer systems that meet the requirements of the business.
- Assists in physical and logical database design, primarily in Dynamics AX.
- Creates prototypes for user engagements.
- Designs, codes, and tests technical solutions.
- Identifies system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Assists in enforcement of development deadlines and schedules.
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards.
- Contributes appropriately to conversations, and accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Writes effective stored procedures and XSL stylesheets.
- Identifies appropriate use of programming objects.
- Anticipates client needs before they arise and presents solutions to Applications Manager that encompass issues at hand.
- Understands expectations that were set with users and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Encourages more junior employees to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Participates regularly in the recruitment of new hires through our interviewing process and involvement in recruiting events.
- Actively contributes to internal programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
· Reads and understands XML schemas.
· Promotes active listening with team members.
· Understands advanced relational database concepts.
· Demonstrates proficiency with physical and logical database design.
· Demonstrates proficiency in at least one structured programming language.
· Understands client server and internet systems architectures.
· Demonstrates familiarity with object and component methodology and technology.
· Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow employees.
· Assumes additional responsibility without being asked.
· Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
· Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members.
· Recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member.
· Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
Training and Experience:
- Possess demonstrated work experience with at least one relational database management system.
- Minimum of (4) four years of software-related work experience or equivalent skill and a four-year degree.
- Minimum of (3) three years experience with management of an ERP system.
- Minimum of (3) three years experience with any or all of the following programming languages:
- Dynamics AX, required
- Experience in writing test cases a plus
- Minimum (3) three years experience in designing and authoring SQL-based applications.
- Reaching for phone and keyboard
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly from one work site to another.
- Crouching-bending body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Pushing and pulling.
- Fingering, grasping and feeling.
- Talking, hearing and repetitive motion
- Sedentary work-exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.