Get new similar jobs by email for
Area Sales Representative
Great Opportunity for an Area Sales Representative
Top manufacturer of gourmet frozen desserts is seeking an Area Sales Representative to cover NY territories.
Serves customers by selling products; meeting customer needs.
Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
* Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
* Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
* Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
* Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyzes.
* Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandizing techniques, etc.
* Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
* Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, and
Motivation for Sales.
Only experienced applicants local to Metro tri-state area with food service industry sales experience preferred.