Assistant Buyer job opening in Oakland, CA
One of Ajilon’s top Bay Area clients is seeking an Assistant Buyer for a permanent, full-time role with a well-known sports organization. The ideal candidate for the position will be proactive and dependable with previous buyer experience, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and possesses fantastic communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an exciting and high-profile company! Qualified candidates should submit a resume for immediate consideration.
Assistant Buy job responsibilities:
• Promptly and accurately responding to requests regarding product availability and quality issues
• Assisting in the monitoring of sales and margins through vendor negotiations and promotional opportunities
• Interacting effectively with vendors and internal colleagues to achieve department goals
• Acting as liaison with vendors to verify the status of open/late purchase orders
• Establishing co-op/rebate programs with vendors based on retail purchases
• Establishing guidelines to be used for all store orders, review new lines and items, and obtain photos
• Setting up vendor appointments for the Merchandise Brand Manager and file vendor information
• Assisting the Merchandise Brand Manager in the execution of all related merchandising activities
• Updating and managing purchase order generator to maintain inventory levels in retail stores and web sales
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience as an Assistant Buyer in a retail environment
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience using Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is desired
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Strong oral and written communication abilities
• Exceptional work ethic, personal accountability, and strong time management skills
*** If your experience meets the above qualifications and you are interested in this position, please submit your resume directly to us online. Thank you! ***
Ajilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities.
Ajilon differentiates itself in the staffing industry by its unique candidate driven approach for individuals looking for premier career opportunities. By consolidating Ajilon's different specialty divisions under one brand, job seekers will benefit from the Ajilon network's global marketing expertise, best-in-class staffing professionals and access to the world's top companies.
Ajilon Professional Staffing specializes in the placement of assignment professionals in management, operations, and executive administrative support roles. Every day, we place these pre-screened, highly-qualified men and women in both temporary and permanent roles with companies throughout the United States.