Get new similar jobs by email for
Looking for a new and exciting career opportunity? Are you passionate about coordinating and leading a successful team while giving clients a unique and exciting culinary experience? If so, we’d like to talk to you!
Young, dynamic food service company is seeking a hands-on, innovative Catering Manager to join our team in the Columbia, Missouri area. This person should have a strong work ethic, drive to succeed, and passion for creative excellence. The Catering Manager plays a crucial role, overseeing all aspects of catering at an assigned account.
· Bachelor’s degree in food service management, hospitality management, event planning or business plus a minimum of two years of proven management experience in the food service industry
· Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
· Proven ability to effectively manage, train and supervise employees
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high quality food operation and to make sound decisions under pressure
· Extensive catering experience
· Previous food service experience in a college/university setting
· Experience with catering menu development and planning
· Establishes and maintains effective client and resident relations
· Must be proficient with technology
· Must promote a positive work environment and be committed to achieving excellence in a team setting
The Catering Manager will be responsible for organizing and coordinating all catered events from start to finish as well as provide hands on support to the Director of Dining Services. These duties include but are not limited to: Meeting with clients, record keeping, coordinating with the Chef, staffing oversight and training, and hands-on work at all events as well as daily in our dining hall.
This is a full-time, management position. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment that offers unlimited growth opportunities and rewards achievements. Competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and 401k.
The ideal candidate must be available to work evenings and weekends.
A degree in hospitality or restaurant management is preferred, but not required. Ideal candidate must have a minimum of one year event coordination experience. Professionalism, organizational skills and outstanding communication are required to be successful in this role.
Fresh Ideas operates in the mid-Missouri area, Saint Louis, Kansas City, Springfield and in northern Arkansas. The ideal candidate will be willing to relocate to the Columbia, MO area, however, we strive to see our employees live and work where they most desire.