BrightStar Healthcare is a rapidly growing national home health care company that is a leader in Pediatric and Adult Home Health care. We excel at medical and non-medical in-home care for children and adults.
We are looking for an energetic Assistant Director of Nursing who desires to proliferate the BrightStar brand, provide compassionate care for our clients, and help grow an ever expanding company.
BrightStar is the employer of choice by providing flexible work hours, competitive pay, and full medical benefits. We are a service provider of choice! Making More Possible by always providing care and compassion whether we are at a client's home or staffing a hospital, doctor's office, school, or nursing home.
Interested in a professional challenge and a satisfying work experience? Be part of a winning team! Come join the BrightStar Team!
Assistant Director of Nursing
The Assistant Director of Nursing ( ADON ) shall be a Registered Nurse RN responsible for assisting in the overall direction of home health clinical services and will manage the following:
1. Assist with the overall responsibility for the quality, adequacy of services provided and supervision of staff.
2. Help establish, implement and evaluate goals and objectives for home health services that meet and promote the standards of quality.
3. Assure care is coordinated between services and that all of the client’s needs are identified through the assessment process and addressed through the implementation of the Plan of Care and supervisory process.
1. Provide care as defined within the scope of the state’s nurse
2. Make the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the client’s nursing needs.
3. Initiate the plan of care and makes necessary revisions.
4. Provide those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill.
5. Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
6. Prepare clinical and progress notes and summaries of care.
7. Inform the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s condition and needs.
8. Counsel the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
9. Assist in the development of organization goals.
10. Develop, recommend, and administer agency policies and procedures.
11. Assess competency of clinical staff and ensures staff is assigned in a manner to promote quality, continuity and safety of client’s care.
12. Supervise, educate and coach other nursing personnel.
13. Plan and implement in-service and training programs.
14. Conduct performance evaluation of medical care-giving staff.
15. Oversee the maintenance of client clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
16. Assure proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
17. Assure compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel.
18. Identify and participate in performance improvement activities.
19. Stay informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care and share information with appropriate organization personnel.
20. Promote home health referrals in the health care community.
21. Work with community emergency response organization and local public health departments, as needed.
1. Registered nurse with current unencumbered licensure to practice professional nursing in the state in which the care is being provided.
2. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Must have graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited program.
3. Minimum five (5) years of clinical experience with at least half of that time working in home health or related health care organization. Minimum three to five years of direct employee supervision.
4. Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff.
5. Possess exceptional nursing assessment skills
6. Comply with accepted professional standards of practice.
7. Proven ability to build quality and implement improvements within the operation.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills.
9. Analytic/Critical thinker.
10. Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with clients, staff and community.
11. Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
12. Case management skills are a plus
13. Policy development is a plus
14. Ability to travel on a daily basis including weekends, nights and holidays
15. Understands regulatory compliance relating to: a) State requirement for the franchise location and b) Federal regulations including but not limited to OSHA, HIPAA
Keywords: R.N., RN, registered nurse, nursing, emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrics, pediatrics, intensive care unit, ICU, I.C.U., E.R., Homecare, Home Care, Hospice, nurse, medical, nurse manager, nurse supervisor, manager, management, supervisor, DON, D.O.N., Director of Nursing
Disclaimer: This job profile identifies the general duties and minimum level of skills required to perform this job. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned