Get new similar jobs by email for
Assistant Director of Nursing/...
POSITION TITLE:ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING/STAFF EDUCATOR
DEPARTMENT:Administration DIVISION:Albany Campus
· Develop and implement educational programs for all staff that promote professional growth and excellence in care for those Sisters we serve.
· Maintain employee health/educational records.
· Develop and maintain the staffing schedule for St. Louise House Nursing Department.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
· Develop and maintain a Nursing Department schedule which maintains staffing levels that ensure excellent care to those we serve.
o Work collaboratively with the Director of Nursing to determine staffing needs based on the acuity levels of
the Sisters in St. Louise House.
· Assume the responsibilities for the position of Director of Nursing when necessary.
· In collaboration with other Managers will identify areas in need of training or development.
o Research, develop, and implement means of delivering the training, using creativity to stimulate the learning process.
o Document and maintain accurate records for training hours on each employee.
o Develop a means of tracking effectiveness of educational programs.
o Perform routine audits of skills for all positions.
· Maintain and track employee health records.
o Work collaboratively with Human Resources to initiate and oversee pre-employment health screening for new hires.
o Verify clearance of pre-employment physicals and other requirements.
o Track and maintain annual health assessments.
o Track and assure annual PPD’s are completed.
o Maintain a strict confidentiality of employee health records in accordance with all prevailing HIPPA laws.
· Demonstrate and promote good morale and teamwork.
· Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate as needed.
· Maintain professional development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations.
· React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
· Maintain professional discretion, strict confidentiality, and prudent speech concerning all aspects of position.
· Ability to regularly attend work as scheduled.
· Participation in/on committees as assigned.
· Perform leadership to others through example.
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing/Administrator
WORK SCHEDULE/HOURS:As necessary to meet therequirements of the position;May need to work holidays and/or weekends. Will share administrative on-call for nursing department
Education and/or Experience
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
· RN required for skilled nursing; BSN from an accredited institution desired.
· 1-2 years nursing supervisory/management experience in long term care preferred.
· Possess a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of the Daughters of Charity.
· Possess a willingness to learn and apply Catholic Healthcare principles and values in the discernment and decision making process for all clinical matters. Has a knowledge of and the ability to apply the concepts of Person Respected Care.
· Creates and maintains a partnership between employees, the community, and those we serve that fosters an environment honoring individual preferences, choices and traditions.
· Exhibits well developed verbal and written communication skills, and is able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions in English.
· Ability to cope with mental and emotional stress related to the position, function independently, having flexibility, consistency and professionalism.
· Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, Administration and Provincial leadership.
· Exhibits safe, positive and productive work habits.
· Understands current and emerging delivery systems with capability of implementing changes as needed.
· Thorough knowledge of emerging Standards of Practice for Senior Care.
· Proficient in computer software programs, i.e. Excel and Word.
· Ability to learn and master new technology.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Unencumbered license to practice as a professional RN in the state in which employed.
· CPR certification required.
Position Scope/Customer Population:
· This position may provide direct care to adult and geriatric resident/participants.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position.